Makes: 4 Servings
Time: 25 Minutes
Stuffed French toast that’s grilled to perfection.
4 1 1/2-inch-thick slices French bread
1 cup marshmallow creme
1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
¼ cup half-and-half
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 large eggs
Nonstick cooking spray, for the grill pan
12 strawberries, halved
1 jar caramel, for serving
Bittersweet chocolate, for shaving
Warm maple syrup, for serving
1. Preheat a grill pan or grill on medium heat.
2. Make a pocket in each slice of bread and set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together the marshmallow creme and hazelnut spread until smooth, then stir in the chocolate chips. Fill each pocket with some of the spread.
3. Whisk together the half-and-half, honey, cinnamon and eggs in a shallow dish. Dip each bread slice in the batter and set aside.
4. Lightly spray the grill pan with cooking spray. Grill the French toast until well-marked and crisp, being careful not to burn it, 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
5. Meanwhile, place the strawberries cut-side down on the grill pan and grill until slightly cooked, 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.
6. Transfer the French toast to individual plates, drizzle with caramel, shave over chocolate, top with grilled strawberries and serve alongside the warm syrup.
Source: Food Network
Author: Ree Drummond
MR. PORTER AND MS. CHARLES CULINARY CRAVINGS
Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. But, it takes two to tango so stay tuned to see who will master the steam oven first, or whether Mr. Porter or Ms. Charles comes up with the best new recipes.
For more information about our appliances click: